7 Steps to Take After a Car Accident
Unexpected and distressing, car accidents can shake you to your core. Even if you have been in one before, they can leave you emotionally dazed, making it difficult to understand how to handle the situation. However, if you forgo the important steps following a car accident, you may be held responsible for things you are not guilty of. Additionally, you may not receive the compensation you deserve, or even end up being forced to pay when you shouldn’t have to. This is why it is important you follow the right protocol after a car accident, to ensure you and your rights are protected.
Following a car accident, you must make sure you take these 7 important steps:
- Move to the side of the road and make sure you and the other party are out of harm’s way.
- Call the police and report any injuries.
- Exchange information with the other party, including that of contact and car insurance.
- Get a police report so you can document the situation as accurately as possible.
- Take photographic evidence of everything, including injuries, damages to the car, skid marks on the road, etc.
- Don’t admit to any guilt, and this includes not saying sorry.
- Call your insurance company and your Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer.
Contact Our Trusted& Experienced Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Attorney Today
At the Law Office of Jami Angelini Haggerty, P.A., we believe in doing everything in our power to relieve you of any stress or difficulty following a car accident. Our trusted Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer is sure to exceed your expectations, no matter the complexities of your particular case. Allow us to be the ally you need and deserve until your case is resolved.
Contact us at your earliest convenience by calling (954) 440-7314.