Fort Lauderdale Dog Bite Attorney
Discuss Your Claim with Law Office of Jami Angelini Haggerty, P.A. Today
Dogs have the nickname “man’s best friend” for a reason—of the nearly 90 million dogs in the U.S., the vast majority are loving companions and great playmates. Accidents, however, do happen. The Center for Disease Control estimates that 4.5 million dog bites of humans happen every year. When a dog bite results in serious physical injury or emotional trauma, victims are often entitled to compensation under Florida law, and Law Office of Jami Angelini Haggerty, P.A. will help you with financial recovery.
Most dog bites result in minor injuries with no lasting effects, but others can require expensive emergency treatment. Dogs have strong jaws and carry bacteria foreign to humans, and the wrong combination can be disastrous. An experienced Fort Lauderdale dog bite attorney will provide you with a free consultation and determine the extent of your claim against negligent parties.
If you or a loved one have sustained serious injuries in a dog attack, the firm is ready to help you assess your legal options. Call us at (954) 440-7314 today.
Effects of Dog Bites
Florida law provides what is known as strict liability in dog bite cases. That means, in most circumstances, dog owners can be held liable for the considerable effects these encounters have on victims.
A number of serious injuries and lasting complications can result from dog bites, such as:
- Broken bones and fractures – Larger dogs have jaws powerful enough to crush bones, which can lead to lengthy recovery periods and even disfigurement.
- Lacerations – A dog bite can tear through skin, muscle, and ligaments, sometimes necessitating reconstructive medical procedures or causing permanent physical scars.
- Diseases – The bacteria in dog’s mouth can spread rabies, MSRA (staph infections), tetanus and other serious illnesses.
- Infections – Bites can develop severe infections that require intense treatment and occasionally require amputations.
- Emotional trauma – It is common for young dog bite victims to develop a fear of dogs and other psychological problems, which can cause social difficulties.
Personalized Service against Negligent Actions
Attorney Jami Angelini Haggerty has lifelong connections to the Fort Lauderdale area, and while we love dogs, we have seen firsthand the physical and emotional distress severe dog bites can cause. Law Office of Jami Angelini Haggerty, P.A. will work tirelessly for you because for us, every case is the most important case. We accept no fees unless we successfully recover compensation on your behalf.
Contact our office today to schedule a free case evaluation. Ms. Haggerty is ready to hear your story.